Friday, November 27, 2009

A Moment of Self-Realization


It is not uncommon for me to get yelled at every once and a while for being too "loud" or "noisy." When I was younger this was not an uncommon occurrence. I was a spaz. I am not afraid to admit that. As an adult I still have a tendency on occasion to be too loud. If I am in a situation and with people that I am very comfortable with, I will probably have either a few loud outbursts or just be loud in general. These outbursts are not out of anger, they usually just consist of a lot of loud laughter or loud talking. If you have ever met my eldest brother then you wouldn't be surprised by this revelation. He is even louder.

I will give you a sneak peak into our household so you can see the trouble my loudness can get me into. I like to sing. I like to walk around my house singing. LOUD. I don't sing well, and I know that. I just always have songs stuck in my head, and when I am home (where I am most comfortable) I like to sing in my room, in the bathroom, in the kitchen, and pretty much anywhere else. I guess "some people" find that annoying. "Some people" meaning my younger brother. He yells at me everyday for singing or talking too loud in the house. Being the considerate sister I am, I will stop for a few minutes (just so he won't punch me). At work I get shushed for laughing too loud. I just can't seem to control my outbursts of laughter.

Well anyway, my self-realization came yesterday while I was in my house talking to my dad. He was in the office which is near our front door which was open in celebration of it being such a beautiful day. I went into the office to ask my dad something, and I was standing in the doorway to the office. My dad said something funny and I threw my head back (which Shelly will tell you is not very feminine) in an outburst of LOUD laughter, and I turned my head and saw my neighbor ACROSS the street in her GARAGE look up from whatever she was doing, and look in my direction. I immediately stopped laughing as I realized how obnoxious my laugh is. I admit I was somewhat embarrassed. I stood there and pondered things for a bit. Then I shrugged my shoulders and walked away. I can't change my laugh. Trust me I have tried. So I guess I will keep laughing my LOUD and annoying laugh and hope my neighbors don't hate me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEVER EVER STOP LAUGHING. I LOVE IT!

Jessica P. said...

I LOVE your laugh, don't ever change it!! And I love your new blog layout, I LOVE Christmas time!! :)

Tara said...

I. LOVE. YOUR. LAUGH. It's one of my most favorite things about you. Never change it :)

Brianne said...

Your laugh is great! It always makes me smile and everybody can use a little more things to smile about!

Shelly Rowlan said...

Ash. You are correct, in the book it says 'don't throw your head back and laugh'. But, I'm pretty sure I do that all the time, especially at the table, where I think this bit of advice originated because if you are laughing and throwing your head back, the food can easily slide down the gullet and cause asphixiation. And the unfeminine part is the hemiliech manuever necessary to dislodge the laugh-swallowed foodstuffs. It's hard to be alluring while projectile expelling food particles. So although everyone else if encouraging you in this life-threatening behavior. I will have to again, caution you.

Team Burtenshaw said...

"In all of life have much fun and LAUGHTER for life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." ~Pres. Hinkley ...glad you know how to enjoy life!

Karla said...

I agree:) yet again, another hilarious story.

Marci K. Pickett said...

Hahahaa can I throw my head back and laugh at this??!?! LOVVEEE ITTTT!!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I am behind and just read this post... NEVER STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR LAUGH!!!! The end.