
This last Friday a true fashion tragedy occurred in my life. I can only talk about it now without getting too emotional only because the tragedy turned out to be not so...tragedous. I don't even think that is a word, but it is today for the sole purpose of entertaining you all. Anyway, at work on Friday, we had to wear black and teal. Don't ask me why. I guess so we all matched and looked nice. So I was wearing a lovely teal cardigan with a top that also had teal in it with black dress pants. My coworker Lis (also a cardigan lover) was wearing a black cardigan that I took one look at and began to covet most viciously for in my heart. I wanted that cardigan. So as she was wearing all black (she didn't have any teal colored clothing), I devised a brilliant scheme that would require us to switch cardigans for the day, so that she could have some teal in her outfit. I am always thinking of others' needs. So we switched. Unfortunately, my cardigan made Lis too warm and my cardigan spent most of the day on the counter next to her. Which is where I swear it was after she had already left for the day. So about an hour before we closed that night, I remember looking at the counter and wondering who moved my cardigan, but was too busy to go looking for it. So once we closed I started asking my coworkers if they had seen it. They all said no. I started to get a little panicky. And since my coworkers know how important my cardigans are to me, they so kindly initiated a search for it; checking drawers, checking our break room, and any other place it could be hiding. I knew Lis hadn't taken it home, so I was disturbed by the thought that one of my coworkers would steal my cardigan. I mean, who in the world would ever steal someone else's cardigan?! I know of no such person (other than myself, that is; earlier in the day I planned on taking Lis' cardigan home and never giving it back to her). So everyone searched and it was getting late, so I thanked them all for their kindness and called off the search. I walked out of work thinking that my cardigan was all alone in the world, lost and afraid. I met up with my friends for dinner, but with a heavy heart. All I could think about was my missing cardigan. But I put a smile on my face, acted like nothing was wrong, and enjoyed the night as best I could considering the circumstance. The next morning I received two text messages from different coworkers telling me that Lis had in fact taken the cardigan home and washed it for me. The mystery was solved and my cardigan was safe in Lis' hands! I was so relieved! And now I am literally shocked that I just wrote this much about my cardigan.

5 comments:
A cardigan deserves the investment in time given to writing that post Ashley! I love mysteries and your post kept me in suspense to the very end. Have you ever considered a novel?!
Ashley, how could you have a heavy heart when Aaron took such good care of you at Oreganos??????????????
That was his name, right????
WOW! For a "missing" cardigan... :)
Wow, I was a little worried for a second, I'm glad everything turned out ok! What would you do without 1 of your 40 other cardigans??? :)
So glad you found it. We found Max, our pup, at the pound. It was such a relief to find him there. Maybe they should have a cardigan pound... just for cardigan lovers like you.
Post a Comment