Sunday, April 26, 2009

I Voted Yes on 102 - Just to Clarify


I got asked out on a date last week. Yes, can you believe it? It is a miracle to be sure. Well the date was on Friday and at work that day, I told everyone I was going on a date. The girls started screaming in excitement and getting all excited and the boys were in shock. Two different people said "With a boy?!" Uh, what exactly did they mean by that? I'll admit, I was slightly insulted. I said "Of course with a boy! I'm not a lesbian!" Geesh. The look of shock on all their faces when I told them I had a date, plus the fact that they needed me to clarify that it was with a BOY caused me to ponder my life a bit. Am I really that pathetic? Is it really such a surprise that a guy wanted to take me out? I mean, I know I look kind of like a lesbian in my basketball shorts, but I only wear those in public occasionally. Maybe I should pretend to like dating only for the sole purpose of ensuring that NO ONE - and I mean NO ONE - mistakes me for a lesbian. Thank you and goodnight.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

That anyone would ask such a stupid question is an insult to THEIR OWN intelligence!!! You are one of the most beautiful girls- inside and out- that I know. I think guys are afraid to ask you out, and I definitely think those boys that asked you that, know they don't have a snowball's chance in you-know-where of ever getting a date with you, so instead they ask idiotic questions!

That's what I think.

Hmmph.

Shelly Rowlan said...

I say ditto to Cheryl, and also want to add, that I know FOR A FACT that there are boys who want to ask you out. I could name names. However, as this would freak you out, I will let them remain anonymous and work at their own slow, excruciating pace.

Kristi said...

Seriously Ash, you are just too hot for your own good. Maybe if you wore those basketball shorts out more often, the boys wouldn't be so intimidated. :)

Pam said...

You are my favorite!!
I'm still cracking up. I would tell you how beautiful you are but that has already been said, it's just true. And I don't want to sound like a you-know-what.

Callie Thurell said...

I think everyone was shocked by the fact that ANY boy asked ANY girl out. It is a rare event when a guy asks someone out!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Perkins. You already know that I think your awesome. Boys are dumb and they do get intimidated by females who know more than them, are funnier than them, and way better looking than them. Sometimes it sucks to be rad!

Brianne said...

I am 100% with my mom!! You are awesome and boys are just so dumb these days!!! So who was the boy that asked you out?? Also Shelley who are the other boys call me so we can speed them up!! :)

Karla said...

Okay who are they??? I will have to set that "Mr. doesn't think before he speaks" that Miss Bunny Bunny is definately NOT a lesbo. I have many Justin Timberlake stories to prove it. For example, on the way home from a church dance I believe Miss Bunny Bunny said, and I quote, "I love him so much it hurts". True story. Still makes me laugh to this day.

By the way how did the date go???