
The story I am about to tell is slightly outdated. It happened two weeks ago and in the blogging world that is pretty much like saying it happened in another life. But this story is too important for me to just forget about because it has to do with one of my life goals. On Mother's Day, I drove out to my grandma's to pick her up and bring her back to our house for dinner. As I was driving, I saw two of God's most beautiful creatures cross the road (aka two dogs). They were wandering through the desert (probably on some sort of adventure) and if you recall, Mother's Day was flippin' hot. Like 100 degrees at least. So I slammed on my brakes and got out of the car. I was worried about these dogs being without water and a home and so I stopped to have a chat with them about where the heck they were going and why the heck they didn't bring any water bottles on their trip. They didn't understand a word I said. Anyway, the dogs didn't have any collars on which made things pretty difficult for me. I didn't know who to call to come pick up the dogs and take them home. I also noticed they had teets, so there must be some puppies somewhere too. And every nursing mother needs plenty of water right? So I did what anyone would do: I told them to get in my car cuz we were goin' to Grandma's house. I figured I could at least get them some food and water there. They were really hot and I was worried about them. Well, needless to say, Grandma was not happy that I brought them to her house. She REALLY wasn't happy when I named them Thelma and Louise and told them to make themselves comfortable at Grandma's while we went back to my house for dinner. Anyway, I almost brought them home with me but I knew my parents (mostly my dad) wouldn't be too happy about this. But one of my life goals is to have a dog "ranch" and rescue dogs and keep them all safe and happy. So I thought this would be a good start to my ranch. Unfortunately, I ended up not bringing them home with me and to be honest, I have no idea where they wandered off to. But I did hear my grandma say that they make frequent stops to her property to refuel on water. I am sure they are experiencing the wild west in all its glory. Or they're dead. I hope it's not that though. Long live Thelma and Louise!!

9 comments:
you do realize that on a real ranch the animals are eventually eaten, therefore, unless you want to have hot dogs, i suggest you change your dog rescue name to something other than a "ranch"
Ash, that was very inspiring. I'll think about that story the next time I am driving down the street and see two lost dogs panting for water. I most likely won't stop to help them, because it's much too hot to get out and help a stupid dog, and I really don't care if they have a home, or water, but I will definitely think of you. Thank you for the inspiration.
P.S.
I hope those weren't the dogs Aaron "accidentally" ran over the other day. Oh well, if it was I'm sure they are having fun running free in the big doggie ranch in heaven. RIP Thelma and Louise. RIP.
Oh Tara... that is so sick and kind of funny at the same time. As for you Ashley I am sure Thelma and Louise will always remember you. And I love the fact that you said teets.Hilarious!
I have also thought about starting some sort of dog ranch. It's not quite the same as yours but we could still share ideas of how to aquire the dogs. My dog ranch is going to have a nice deep pool for the dogs to take a little dip in and possibly a shooting range for the sporty people. Riley and Julianne already agreed to help run this "ranch". Right now our ranch is small and we are running it out of Cindy's backyard and so far we only have one dog but soon we will have none.
Thanks for the inspiration Ash!
Oh Ashley, those Dog's were totally using you!!! Next time leave them for the elements... and by the way... which car were you driving?? Because if it was your car... I don't know if I could ever get in that thing again. You don't know what kind of germs were on those dogs!!!!!!!!!
You're so sweet and a little silly all rolled up into one!
Oh Julianne just added one more dog to our ranch. Tipper! Maybe your dog can join our ranch as well....??
I do not understand this. I have offered well over 20 million times for you to adopt Forrest, and you have never picked him up--even once, and put him in your a/c car and drove him to your grandma's. I'm not going to let Forrest see this as he would be crushed since he thinks you really do like him. Ash. You don't need to go looking for stray dogs--if you're looking for love--he's right here--waiting.
Ashley, I am very glad that the dogs did not bite you because I'm pretty sure they had rabies and I really am not ready to lose you as a friend! You are way too entertaining to die at such a young age. Why don't you carry an extra doggy bowl with you and some water bottles in case this happens again... that way you can leave them with the water and go!
Post a Comment